Shore Excursion: The Hidden Tortola Treasures
Cleaning and safety practices
- Explore Tortola's historical sites and get panoramic views of the island from places like Fahie Hill and historic Mount Healthy National Park. Your tour also covers the cost of your complimentary drink that you'll enjoy while at the bar and restaurant at Sage Mountain. This tour offers history, stunning views and is perfect when on a cruise to match up and a fraction of the cruise line prices.
Shore Excursion: The Hidden Tortola Treasures 13:30
What's included, what's not
Know Before You Book
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
- Returns to original departure point
What you can expect
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Tortola, Tortola, British Virgin Islands
Meeting at the cruise port to match your cruise ship porting times, your air conditioned vehicle heads on a scenic drive along Wickham's Cay.
Sights such as a century-old prison along Main Street known as Her Majesty's Prison. This historic prison dates back to the late 1700s and is Road Town's oldest prison. The prison is nestled between the Road Town Method Church and St. George's Anglican Church and had come a long way since its days of prison when it stopped operating in prison in 1995 to being a police station, fire department, passport office and the future location of a new museum.
Then we head to the famous Sunday Morning Well, the location where the Proclamation of Emancipation of 1834 was read aloud to inform the public that slavery was abolished.
Stunning views over the Island are on offer as we through the Old Plantation to Josiah's Bay peak, followed by a trek up north to Fahie Hill to take more amazing photos of Road Town.
Then our tour takes us to the highest peak on the island at Sage Mountain to enjoy a 25-minute stop at Sage Mountain Bar and Restaurant as you sip on your complimentary drink.
You'll also get to spend time at the historic Mount Healthy National Park, a national site that houses the remains of a stone windmill from the island's sugar plantation era.
At the end of the tour we head to Tortola's west coast here you will find scenic views of its sister islands. Sure to take your breath away the are Norman Island and Dead Chest Island, an uninhabited national park that's a snorkeler's cove with places like Coral Gardens.
You'll also get to catch breathtaking views of the palm tree lined coastline of Peter Island and the lush mountain landscapes of Salt Island and Cooper Island. Conclude your tour by reflecting on your relaxing time in Tortola as you return to your pier.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Temperature checks given to staff
5.0 average out of 5 rating of 2 reviews
Sort reviews by
Best Deals on Things to Do
Rewards are waiting for you in the Orbitz app
- Earn 4% back when you book your hotel in app, vs. 3% on site
- Get flight status and gate number notifications
- Have questions about your stay? Message your hotel right in the app