Los Haitises Eco Tourism Adventure with Yanigua SPA
Cleaning and safety practices
- Hop aboard a riverboat and ride through mangrove forests.
- Discover the San Lorenzo Bay with photo-inspiring views.
- Visit the cave “Cueva La Linea”, located in the forest.
- Enjoy a typical Dominican lunch buffet style at Yanigua Spa.
- Swim in the refreshing waters of a gorgeous waterfall.
Live Commentary in English.
What's included, what's not
Know Before You Book
- This tour develops for a good part of the day through dirt roads, dusty and bumpy so you have to be in good physical conditions.
- Pregnant women can't participate in this tour.
- Children 2 and younger are complementary.
- Roundtrip transportation is available from most Punta Cana, Juan Dolio, La Romana and Boca Chica hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
What you can expect
Nature lovers this is definitely the tour for you! Los Haitises National Park has become today a popular ecotourism destination and now we’ll tell you what to expect if you wanna try this tour leaving from Punta Cana.
After picking up the customers from the different hotels in Punta Cana, we’re gonna make our way to the small village of Las Canitas, in the area of Sabana de la Mar. On the way you will have the chance to enjoy beautiful views of the Dominican countryside. Rice, coffee, cocoa and tropical fruit plantations will catch your attention.
Once reached the destination of Las Canitas there will be an intermediate stop of 15-20 minutes to use the toilets, smoke or just relax a second. It’s now time to continue our trip towards north, direction Los Haitises. We’ll pass through the town of Sabana de la Mar and after around 1 hour it’s finally time to experience the ecological wonders of Los Haitises!
Reach the dock of “Cano Hondo”, hop aboard a riverboat and ride through the winding canals of the park’s majestic mangrove forests, an ideal home for hundreds of species of birds, fish, reptiles and crustaceans.
Leaving the mangrove forests, the scenery opens up into the San Lorenzo Bay with photo-inspiring views of the park’s lush outcroppings and the mountains of Samana in the distance. During all this time your guide will point out the abundant bird life and flora providing you many interesting info about.
After around 45 minutes we’ll get back to the land. It’s now cave exploration time! You’ll visit a cave called “Cueva La Linea”, located deeper in the forest and filled with Taino pictographs and petroglyphs. The visit lasts around 20-25 minutes and after it we will return on our boat to make our way back to the starting point of “Cano Hondo”.
It’s almost time to eat. From the park we’ll move to the region of Hato Mayor, to reach a beautiful place called Yanigua Spa, a small ranch deep in the region’s countryside with lush vegetation and even an amazing waterfall! Enjoy a typical Dominican lunch with a glass of cold beer or juice.
The afternoon will be dedicated to relax. After lunch we’ll reach the river with the opportunity to swim in the refreshing waters, jump from the gorgeous waterfall, or apply the riverbed’s curative muds to your skin before heading back to Punta Cana and reach your hotel.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Masks required
- Hand sanitizer provided
Rewards are waiting for you in the Orbitz app
- Earn 4% back when you book your hotel in app, vs. 3% on site
- Get flight status and gate number notifications
- Have questions about your stay? Message your hotel right in the app