El Yunque Rainforest Guided Hiking with Waterfall Tour
Cleaning and safety practices
- Only tropical rainforest in the US National Forest System
- Chance to swim at a waterfall and natural pools
- Discover the exotic vegetation of El Yunque
- Challenge yourself to an off the beaten path adventure
- Guided rainforest hike Led by Certified Tour Guide
El Yunque Rainforest Hiking Tour
Live Commentary in English.
What's included, what's not
Know Before You Book
- Participants must be physically capable of walking thru steep, rocky, muddy trails without assistance, and have balance to walk by uneven surfaces.
- Pregnant ladies past their first trimester, persons with previous injuries, back problems or recent surgery should not participate on this tour.
- Children must be 7 years or older to participate.
- Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located San Juan hotels.
- Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
- Additional transfer fee from towns outside of San Juan/Metro area will apply (each way): 25 Rio Grande / 65 Dorado / 50 Fajardo.
What you can expect
Come visit El Yunque Rainforest, the only tropical rain forest in the United States National Forest System and a must-stop for all visitors of Puerto Rico! The Forest covers over 28,000 contiguous acres, with peaks, escarpments, myriad steams and waterfalls, and lush green vegetation housing various forest types. It truly is a biodiversity paradise.
On this guided tour you will have the opportunity to:
- Hike and explore through different zones of El Yunque Rainforest, less known to the public
- Take a dip in a waterfall, swing from a rope into the water or enjoy from natural water slides (optional)
- Hear our guide cover subjects such as natural history education, medicinal and toxic plant identification, geology, ecology, the Island's history and many other subjects like survival tips and post hurricane updates and changes to this ecosystem
- Spot native flora and fauna, many of which are not found anywhere else on the planet
After the hike, we will stop for lunch at a local restaurant offering Puerto Rican food (lunch not included in your ticket price) before heading back to San Juan.
Note: All tours leave from San Juan. To account for transportation, guests should allow up to 7-8 hours for the entire experience. We will spend about 4-4.5 hours in the rainforest itself.
Due to post hurricane conditions this tour is now led in a different area where the hike is off the beaten path at all moments. Please read description carefully in order to be properly prepared.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Vehicles and venues kept vacant between travelers
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Temperature checks available
- Masks required
- Masks provided
- Hand sanitizer provided
4.8 average out of 5 rating of 210 reviews
Sort reviews by
Rewards are waiting for you in the Orbitz app
- Earn 4% back when you book your hotel in app, vs. 3% on site
- Get flight status and gate number notifications
- Have questions about your stay? Message your hotel right in the app