Wooden Nickel Cabins offers three of five separate cabins backing up to Tonto National Forest in charming Christopher Creek, just 20 miles east of Payson AZ. Each cabin has a bedroom, a loft with bed(s), full bath, kitchen includes full-size fridge, stove top range (no oven), microwave, toaster, coffeepot, cookware and dishes.
Playground and Game room + five beautiful wooden cabins are just a mile away from Christopher Creek. Find yourself in cool mountain air surrounded by pines in just a quick 1.5 hour drive from the valley of the sun.
Please Note: There is a three night minimum on holidays.
We have a game room and small playground on-site. Guests can hike into Tonto National Forest right out the back door of their cabin or there are several designated trailheads in the area. Creeks and lakes are accessible in the surrounding areas as well.
Other things to note
Cabins are completely furnished. Each cabin has a bedroom, and a loft with made beds, full bath with towels provided. Living area completed with Wifi access (Password will be provided upon check in), a flat screen tv connected to satellite (please note satellite may lose signal during inclement weather), window a/c, heat. Kitchen with full size refrigerator, stove top range (no oven), microwave, toaster, coffee maker and dishes including: pots, pans, plates, cups, saucers, bowls, and silverware.
1. Forest fires are a great danger to our area, please follow all forest fire protocols and burn day restrictions.
Visit https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/tonto/fire/?cid=stelprdb5269295 for more information.
Violation of these fire restrictions is punishable by a fine of up to $5,000 and imprisonment for up to six months. For more information regarding forest recreation sites and fire restrictions on the Tonto National Forest, contact the Tonto National Forest at (602) 225-5200, or online at www.fs.usda.gov/tonto
2. Guests and visitors should comply with the parking regulations and requirements and must show consideration to other vehicles in the neighborhood.
Onsite parking limited. Please feel free use cemented area for loading and unloading, then please park your vehicle in parking areas available for your use so that the concrete driving area does not remain blocked for other guests on property.
3. Absolutely NO smoking inside of the Cabins.
Designated smoking areas available on back patio and front porch. Please do not leave doors or windows open at anytime while smoking. Please discard of cigarette butts and ashes in the ashtrays provided.
We ask that if you venture off property into the Mountains behind our property that you kindly leave lighters/matches and cigarettes behind, to prevent the possibility of any forest fires starting.
4. Parties and events are allowed on a case by case basis, please inquire ahead.
5. No unregistered guests or visitors allowed.
6. For the consideration of other guests on the property we have implemented a sound ordinance between the hours of 11 pm and 9 am.
7. No eating or drinking in bedrooms. Please enjoy your meal in the dining room or common living area.
8. Dispose of garbage in the trash bin.
9. Keep a close eye on your kids at all times.
10. Pets are allowed. Guests will be charged a $20 pet fee per day per pet. You are expected and required to dispose of your pet's waste and keep your dog on a leash at all times. Do not leave your pet unattended in the cabin.
11. Make sure to turn off the lights, air conditioning, and any electronics when you leave the house. Don't forget to close the windows and lock the door.
12. Report any damages and/or breakages in a reasonably timely manner. Damages exceeding the security deposit amount must be paid by guests and will be reported to vrbo.
13. Wash the dishes, and throw out the garbage before checkout.
14. Check out is at 11 am.